Frequently Asked Questions?
1. When will the soups be available in Supermarkets?
- Currently the soups are under review by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and cannot be shelved in Supermarkets until the review is complete.
2. Why are glass jars used as opposed to can?
- We decided to utilize glass jars instead of can for a few reasons. One reason is, unlike cans that require a special food lining in order to keep food products and therefore has the potential of damage to the lining, glass does not have that risk because it is solid and continuous. Another reason is, food stored in cans have the potential of tasting like the can. That is not a concern with glass containers. Thirdly, once a can is opened the contents must be removed. Glass can be reused after opening and only requires refrigeration. Lastly, we thought customers would prefer seeing the food and how it really looks as opposed to relying on a picture of the food.
3. Are the soups good beyond the best before date?
- The soups are good beyond the “best before date.” All foods are required to have a record of its production date and its expiration date to comply with food safety regulations. Our soups have been tested for their safety and shelf life by a reputable food safety laboratory. We suggest that you enjoy your soup before their “expiration dates.”
4. Are the soups 100% natural?
- Yes. All our soups are made from natural ingredients. We take our time to hand pick the best produce and choice meats and fish that go into our soups.
5. How does it last without preservative?
- We do not use preservative in our soups. Our soups are kept fresh through our heating and cooling processes.
6. How long has this company been in business?
- Island Soups Company was established in August, 2010. We have spent many hours, days and weeks perfecting our recipes and our processes to bring a delicious tasting product that will be enjoyed by everyone.
7. Is this company a part of another company?
- No. Island Soups Company is an independent company.
8. How long can the soups last after opening?
- The soups should be refrigerated after opening and will last up to 3 days after refrigerated.
9. The jars are hard to open by hand. Is there an easier way to open them?
- If you are unable to open the jars by hand and do not have a hand held jar opener, we recommend that you puncture a small hole in the lid to release the pressure and then open the jar.
10. Can the jars be warmed up in the microwave?
- Yes. The jars are microwaveable. The jar lids are not microwaveable and must be removed before putting the soups into a microwave oven. We recommend using a heat or oven glove after heating the soups in the jar as the soup will make the jar hot.